Translate

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Hot Apple Cider

Hot apple cider makes me really feel like it's the holidays. The blend of spice and apples always brings back lots of holiday memories. Every year around the holidays there is a garden where they light up all the trees and bushes, near where I grew up. Each year we would make our way out there, even though they've had the same lights for years, but tradition is tradition. In this lighted up garden there is a house where the landscape keeper stayed, and each year they serve hot apple cider. This is one of the memories I get when I drink hot apple cider. So even though I may not be able to make it back home every year for the holidays, I know when I sip on apple cider, those Christmas memories come right back.


Recipe:
4 cups 100% apple juice
3 cinnamon sticks
1 tsp whole cloves
a dash of allspice

Place all ingredients into it a sauce pan, and put burner on a medium heat. Let it heat up for about 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat and serve. This can also be made in a crock pot as well.

 I love this recipe because it's so quick and only has a couple of ingredients.


No comments:

Post a Comment