Translate

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Corn & Edamame Salad

Who doesn't love a fresh salad? I do, especially with vegetables that are in season. Since corn is in season this makes the perfect recipe. It's yummy in my tummy! It's nice and simple, just the way I like it. So take a look at the video and give it a whirl!

By the way, I just wanted to thank all of you for supporting me with my blog and videos. It truly means a lot to me. Please continue to support by sharing the posts and videos, and also subscribing to my youtube channel. It is SO much appreciated. It will help me to continue spreading the health.



Recipe:
5 ears of corn
1 1/2 cups edamame
2 tomatoes, diced
3 Tbsp green onion, chopped
2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
juice of 1 lemon
salt to taste

The corn can either be boiled or roasted. The roasted corn gives it an extra special flavor.

Benefits of Edamame
It's a great source of fiber and soy protein.
Soy protein may help reduce insulin resistance, kidney damage, and fatty liver in people with diabetes, according to a study in rats. A new study from Chinese university of Hong Kong indicated that soy protein containing isoflavones (phytoestrogens) significantly reduced overall cholesterol and LDL "bad" cholesterol, and raised HDL or "good" cholesterol, especially in men. Isoflavones also appear to work with certain proteins in soy to protect against cancer, heart disease, and osteoporosis.

Benefits of Tomatoes
Tomatoes help protect against prostate cancer, enhance the immune system, and are an anti-carcinogen.





No comments:

Post a Comment